15 March, 2010

3 Idiots - As I See It


It's been a while this movie was released and we watched it. It was not in my movies-to-watch-at-theater list. Not because I was prejudice that it will not be worth, but because I know that it was a movie I will watch over again, so I wanted to get it on DVD, which will be good for repeated watch. When everyone of my friends has watched it and were happy with it, every newspaper and website giving it 5 star ratings, it was tough to resist the temptation. Even after my sister called me to say how much she enjoyed it ( it was the first Hindi movie she ever watched at theater ) I hold on. I was in the queue to buy ticket for Ishqiya when my Jeeju called me to say that he and my sister is going to watch it for the second time. Enough ! I bought the overpriced 3 Idiots ticket instead of Ishqiya. And no regrets about it....


There was more reason to enjoy the movie than it being funny, reminded about the college days, against the kind of studying and learning system of today, making the youngsters realize how silly they take their life or death… The reason was simple - it celebrates the message of living live as you want to... Enjoy every moment of it completely. If the world is not with you for your reason, don't loose heart. Because it is the way life needs to be and sooner or later the world will be with you, the way you want.

The world will be always will be reluctant to change. Will make us think like them and will try every bit to make us believe that it is the right thing. And will never give our way a chance or a moment to think, if not admit that others can be right too.

Only in this generation one can see friends like that in the movie. So thick, so strong. Each of the 3 were different, but still there was something which made them hang on to... Give everything for each other. Be it money, help, risk, time even thoughts. If you can't think of such friendship, it never means that it never exists. Or can happen only in films. Your life will be just like the way you make it to be. Your friendship too....

Haa, there were some points which were out of place like the over stretched climax. Or the family story of Raju and Farhan. In the end everyone appreciate the new view about education and more importantly LIFE... The way uniform gives the boy admission. But its ok, this is a movie man...

The songs were not great on CD, but on movie it was perfect. Even the background score was fantastic. If listen carefully you will see that it is more fun. The opera, the baarath band when Piya elopes etc...


The producers had done their homework well. The mood is very young and up-to-date. The induction motor joke, the use of rings in every finger, many Rakshas in wrist etc etc. no wonder the youth celebrated the movie...

Altogether it was perfect. More than a funny movie, it tells us something... Asking us to think, to
change our perspective, cut the strings we ourselves attached to us. Kudos to the makers... Did I say that it made my heart so full that it overflow through my eyes at times….

1 comment:

  1. I love movies more when I could connect with one of the characters or the story line or when I find my attitude being portrayed on screen! He heh.

    3 idiots sync with my policy of living life to the moment! The movie kept me at my wits end always. And it was special because I watched it during the new year... :) On the whole, I had a good trip of my emotions and entertainment for 3 full hours. I would name it a decent flick!

    Hope for a lot of hilarious moments throughout like the wedding reception mayhem, Raju’s critically ill father being reached to the hospital in a very funny way on a two-wheeler and so on. There are more! My memory fails me for now... That gives me another reason to watch this movie again! :P

    ReplyDelete

What is your view about this movie...